Friday, December 05, 2008

Random Chapstick Talk At Midnight

Wow! Ok... two posts within 24 hours. Haven't done that in a long time.

So here I am with my bowl of strawberries to one side, a warm cup of chamomile with honey, Ugly Betty season 2 on pause and M on Skype.

I've been relaxing here for some time now, you know, cherishing the thought that even though I'm broke and have enough worries to wrinkle my forehead permanently, I'm still able to sit here, laugh at my naughty cat trying to scratch her way out of the box, eat a bowl of strawberries and complain about being cold.

Which by the way, is totally relevant. I still haven't turned the heat on all winter (a fact which I seem to be really proud of) and I pretty much constantly have at least two layers on.

I know. I'm such a different person from the one last year who was wearing flipflops all winter long even in the snow. That person was a retard. I don't even know who she is. I just pretend to know her but really I don't.

This year, I'm always in at least two layers, always wearing my ugly fake Costco UGGS, always having a pair of gloves in my bag.... But actually you know what, I don't carry chapstick around with me anymore.

Santos asked me the other day, "why don't you use chapstick?"

So I pointed at my lips, smiled and replied "look at my fabulous lips. Do I look like I need chapstick?"

Then he rolls his eyes and goes "psh whatever... (and then he does the silent equivalent of a "lol")".

But you know what, it's true. Do we really need chapstick? I mean seriously, I haven't touched moisturiser, chapstick, foot cream, facial masks, facial soap and all that junk for about half a year now. As for facial soap, it's been almost two years now.

And checking with the mirror, nope. I don't see extreme acne nor do I see extreme shine.

So seriously, do we need all that junk?

To be honest I think my lips get more chappy when I used chapstick. Plus you always feel like you just kissed a melting candle or something. Not to mention smelling like bubblegum all the time is sooooo 80s.

Which by the way people, is almost 30 years ago.

Goodnight.

No comments: