Saturday, January 24, 2009

I Will Go With You To Mordor

Flashback...

Good old Pennsylvania.

This place never ceases to relax or vex the shit out of me. I am always either thoroughly appreciative of the tranquility (more like deadness) of this area, or really pissed off at the fact that there is nothing to do here besides sit home and watch TV.

I thought that today being Chinese New Year (and New years are my absolute favourites), things might be slightly different around here.

Nope.

The only exciting things I did today were having conversations at Alex's house and eating the nice reunion dinner my mom prepared.

I also played tag with my two little brothers for a few minutes before they collapsed on the couch with exhaustion.

But honestly, I actually enjoyed myself today.

It was just nice to get away from Jersey and my apartment.. To drive down salt-covered roads in the sunshine.... I had my heat on full blast and happy Russian pop songs blaring through the speakers. It almost felt like summer again.

I started daydreaming about all the things that I like to daydream about.

Now I just can't wait for tomorrow morning when I can run all my troubles away.

Daydreams...

Why do we have so many? What happens when they come all come true? Perhaps we would be happier people if our dreams never came true...

No comments: