Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Wasting My Life Away

The biggest challenge for me today is to do what I should be doing.

So far it's been hello Facebook, hello email, hello random news articles and youtube videos. And during all this time that I've been sitting here vegging, I've been semi-conscious of the fact that time is just slipping away like sand through my fingers.

I really should be rearranging my furniture, doing some more cleanup, catching up on Russian vocab, playing some violin and getting a job around here.

Instead I'm vegging.

Sometimes I wonder if it has anything to do with the first character of my Chinese name meaning "vegetable".

And wouldn't you agree that today's music scene is nothing compared to what's playing right now? This is "Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing" by Nat King Cole. A song that my dad always played in the car on the weekends while we drove around. Brings back great memories...

My favourite part is "once on a high and windy hill, in the morning mist, two lovers kissed and the world stood still." Simply gorgeous lyrics. And those violins!

No comments: