Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Such A Pleasant Day. Not.

Faces... Places...

Temperatures fell today and so did my face when I got yelled at during practice today. I have not been a good girl when it comes to attending practice despite my injuries so the public screaming by a red-faced coach really woke me up.

I've been slipping and I feel it. I've been casually, slowly but surely, slipping from my usual routines and forgetting my goals.

And always that stern sick feeling returns to my stomach. What if I had done things the way they were supposed to be accomplished?

I don't want to spend any more moments in my life asking "what if"s.

Staying focused on a higher will, staying focused on what lies in front of me at the moment, remembering that time is limited, getting stronger despite the pain- I guess I have finally found my New Year's resolution.

Speaking of New Years.

Today is the Russian Old New Years. Apparently they celebrate two New Years. The first is the New Year that the rest of the world celebrates and the other is the New Year that Russians traditionally celebrate.

Which makes me think about our traditional Chinese New Year.

Yes.

It's that time of the year again when I get all nostalgic and sad about not being able to join in the hustle and bustle of the celebration. But my thoughts will be with you guys while you eat that sweet Ba Gua (barbecued pork pieces) in the nice warm weather as I sit here in my cold room all alone eating uh carrots.

Anyways. I'm going to sleep. My phone is going to sleep as well. I've decided to just turn everything off once bedtime arrives (2130). I guess it's my way of isolation now. I am very sick of the rest of the world and I'm sure the world is kind of sick of me too so... That makes the two of us.

Bye!



P.S.
I THINK: Pain is delicious. More so is the victory, that sense of satisfaction in conquering that comes right afterwards.



P.P.S.
The world would probably be a much better place if we all used military time.

No comments: