Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Ambiguous Blogpost To Certain Persons

With cold, one can appreciate heat.
Without love, one can embrace sincerity.
With pain, one can savour comfort.
Without reflections, one may never move on.

No I'm not feeling emotional. More like, the lack of emotions. I guess the reason for that could be that the temperature in my apartment is roughly the same as it is outside (1 Celsius not as bad as yesterday's -8.)

Perhaps it could be that I spent all day today brooding over unnecessary stresses.

I realised something many times ago, but once more again, today.

The answers are always there. The hard part is not discovering them, but coming to terms with them. I know what I must do and how I should go about doing these things.

I read Tennyson's Ulysses today and the last two lines really said something to me.

"Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Just in time for my track meet tomorrow! It will be my first time back in action after a long absence. I know I'm not really in any shape to race yet, but I'm excited just to be able to run hard again.

Yeah well. Life goes on.

About my love life, it's been going great so far. Jesus and I have fabulous moments- mostly when i'm hungry, discouraged, lonely, cold, disillusioned. I have a feeling that more great times are in store for us! Please pray for our relationship :)

What?

Psh. Please.

To a few of you out there, I really hope you get your relationship issues resolved. If you are spending more than 50% of your time being unhappy and fighting with your girl/guy, it's not worth it.

Stop asking yourself if it's worth it. Quoting from another poem I read today, love has "austere and lonely offices". You already know that people aren't perfect. So why get angry over every single one of their offenses? If you truly love them, you will be slow to anger and wait as long as it takes.

Of course I am not saying go and his/her slave. There are lines to be drawn when dealing with people.

The only one you should be serving whole-heartedly is the One who will never let you down. But people let you down all the time and if you are confused, just put yourself out of the situation and look at it this way. If a friend you truly care about were going through the same thing as you are right now, what would your advice be to them?

I know I said it before, but I'll say it again. Having someone love you back is an awesome feeling. Very addicting. But it's not everything and trust me, life WILL be better if you just do what you know is right. The phrase "follow your intuition" didn't come from nowhere. If you know deep inside that you should leave, then do it. Why prolong the pain? One day you will look back and wish you left earlier instead of dragging it on. One day you will ask yourself "what was I thinking?"

Stay alert, be safe, don't fall asleep on the road or lose attention while reading this on your Iphone and driving.

And yes. Those vibrations in the air were exactly what you thought they were.

I did just fart right now.

No comments: