Sunday, July 05, 2009

Fourth of July

Fourth of July was a beautiful day so let me just commemorate it with a blog post.

0715 I was up and ready to run. Got my cold soggy shoes on and my damp bikini strapped up.

The sky was the first blue one I'd seen since I've been here.

After my run and swim, I just sat on the rocks and caught little hermit crabs around me. I like it when the little critters crawl around on my palm. Feels so ticklish.
The view was amazing thanks to the fog that had cleared up.
This is the house that I'm currently living in. Love the hydrangeas by the entrance. Everytime I see hydrangeas, all I can think about is whether the soil is alkaline or acidic.
An hour later, it was back to the beach for work- that is, to play with the kids. I guess I love my job.
Since this was a small town, I wasn't expecting to see the airplane-flown commercials at the beach; but I guess you just can't escape ads.
The boys had lots of fun.
Then the tide went out and it was even more fun!
Fourth of July evening was spent at the local yacht club for a barbecue. The food was great, but it was the happy family atmosphere that really got to me.
Then as night fell, I strolled off to the beach with my flashlight and had the best fireworks show I ever saw in my life. The pyrotechnics were set barely 20 feet away from where I was sitting. It was AMAZING!

Though, at that time, I was wishing that I was surrounded by friends and family instead of just the ocean and the moonlight...

Ferry Corsten never sounded so good... There's something about being bundled up tight in comfortable clothes, the ocean at your feet and the wind in your face that makes trance sound extra wonderful...

No comments: