Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Day 3 And Lovin' It!

Today started out being miserable. I didn't run in the morning because I overslept and the younger boy has been being absolutely nasty to me recently. I couldn't even talk to him or ask him to do anything because he'd just run to his mother crying, saying that I was going to punish him.

Of course I was going to take his toy away if he was going to keep putting it in his brother's face! And I would most definitely tell him that he's not getting dessert if he was being extremely rude!

But anyway, being powerless, I simply prayed to God and gave the day to him.

Like I said, I started the day off on the wrong foot. When I went upstairs to join the family, I realised that everyone else had started the day on the wrong foot too. The mom was arguing with the grandparents, the children were a little sensitive, the baby wasn't sleeping and the weather seemed heavy and weird.

Anxious to have the kids out of the house before the cleaners came, the mom then dropped me and the kids off at the yacht club again.

Things went quite well there, but the whole house was upside down because of many complications that was going on with the cleaners.

Then to top it all off, an enormous thunderstorm arrived at lightning speed (pun intended) and we had to be rushed home in the torrential rain. In just a few minutes, little floods were forming on the sides of the roads but we got home safe and sound.

But once we got home, I knew that everything would be alright. I cooked pasta for dinner and the whole family had dinner together for the first time since we got here. Me included! It was very relaxing and enjoyable.

Then after dinner came my favourite part of the day.

The older son had been pestering me to take him along with me on one of my evening or morning runs, so I took him with me today. By the time we got to the beach, the sky had cleared and all the rabbits in the neighbourhood had come out to feast. We saw about five rabbits in just two minutes of walking. We ran a bit, climbed around some rocks, swam in the ocean and watched one of the most spectacular sunsets I had ever witnessed in my short life. I had never seen anything like this before--- only in old paintings or professional photographs. But in real life, the scenery was simply breathtaking. I was so angry with myself for forgetting to take my camera yet again!

So there we were, drying off on the upper level of the lifeguard's tower, watching the sun dip towards the horizon...

And tomorrow is my day off!

I met a new acquaintance at the club and she's taking me horseback riding and para-sailing tomorrow. I am SOOOO excited!

Soon, we'll go whale watching too!

Then R's going to come up to Cape Cod and we're gonna go digging for clams and whatever other things like sailing! Wheeeee!

With all its imperfections, this summer is turning out to be a gem.

And in case you were wondering, this is where I am.

No comments: