Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cape News

One of my favourite things to do these days is to lay a cloth on the grass and let the baby roll around on it. It's one of the only times in the day when I get to relax and enjoy whatever view I have. Not to mention, I have the happiest baby in the world right next to me... This baby is so happy, that on the day that he was the most sick- coughing and miserable, he was still smiling!
This is my bedroom and the super ancient bed that I get to sleep in. I am waiting for the housekeepers to clean up the house tomorrow so that I can start sleeping on the floor again. At the moment, the basement is crawling with spiders and bugs and it wouldn't be pleasant waking up to a spider in my ear. Though I suppose sleeping on a bed wouldn't stop a spider from crawling in my ear anyway huh?
We've been spending our afternoons at the nearby yacht club where the kids get to play with their friends and I get to kick it in a chair.
Even though it has been cloudy and foggy, whatever I can see is still very pretty to me.
I guess the novelty of the beach hasn't worn off yet. I am still loving every single moment I'm running on the sand, or floating around in the sea, or standing still and watching little fishies swim around my feet.

Work is challenging, but rewarding. Especially when the boys say really sweet things like "you are the funnest babysitter ever!" or "you are my favourite girl next to mom!"
But when they get nasty, it's not pleasant at all...

This week, I get Thursday and Sunday off.

Thursday is the 4th of July, which is a major holiday in the U.S.- their Independence day. Usually, people celebrate it by having family barbecues and setting off fireworks in the evening. Apparently we are going to have a fantastic fireworks display right in front of the house facing the bay on Thursday, so I'm pretty stoked for that.

I also have to do some research as to things that I can do around here. I hope to get some sailing, fishing and kayaking done before the summer is over.

Gotta make the best of everything you've got!

No comments: