Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Productive Day

Today, I took the boys outside in the pouring rain and played war with water bombs and water guns. Needless to say, we were all soaked through before long. They were so excited though, since this was the first time they'd played in the rain in their swimsuits and barefoot. We even created a waterslide by pouring water down their playground's slide.

Isn't it awesome to have a playground in your backyard?

Move me back about 8 years and it would still be a dream of mine to have a playground in my backyard.

I wish my two little brothers were here to have splashing sploshing fun too though. I think 4 year old Alex would have a lot of fun hanging out with us everyday.

Anyway..

I've discovered that sticking close to the Lord in every matter, everyday, is so essential. I noticed that everytime I'm exposed to secular things in life like tv, radio, or the company of non-Christians, something pulls me a little further away from peace and contentment. I can't explain the feeling, but I see now how important quiet prayer time is. It is so important that without it, things cannot go smoothly without even starting each day in prayer.

Going through life without constant conversation with God is like trying to drive 500 miles with flat tires. Prayer is like air...

I'm feeling majorly artsy tonight so I'm going to go work on a new drawing now. Bye!





P.S.

I was watching BBC News over dinner and they were doing a news segment on how it's flooding in Hungary. As they were narrating how basements were getting flooded there, they flashed some weird video footage of some farmer person picking flowers or something. I didn't get it. Then a few minutes later, as they were narrating a piece on how general consumption of cocaine and methamphetamines was stabilising worldwide, they flashed the same video again.
Huh?

No comments: