Sunday, June 14, 2009

Goodbye N. Wales

After tonight I won't see Кошка, my family or friends again for two months. I'll be leaving for New Jersey tomorrow morning for a live-in position as a Chinese tutor/babysitter/housekeeper with a family. Two weeks from tomorrow, we will then move up to Cape Cod, Massachusetts where their parents have a beach house. After that, we will cross over to Martha's Vineyard where their in-law's have another house.

Essentially, my job will be to assist the mother in looking after the three little boys, to teach them a bit of Chinese and to play with them.

I initially took the job because I wanted to leave Pennsylvania for the summer and to travel somewhere in the U.S. where I'd never been before. And I thought, why not make money while living somewhere and exploring the area? So I went on Craigslist and scoured several states in America for odd jobs in places where I would like to visit.

And lo and behold, there landed in my lap, this job which pays pretty well while offering me a place to sleep right ON THE BEACH!

I'm really sad to leave everything behind, but at the same time, quite excited to start this challenging summer.

Having the opportunity to experience a whole different culture and be in a completely different place is just amazing. I can't believe how eloquently God answered my prayers. I just pray now that he stays by my side throughout the entire journey. I have a feeling this summer will bring more radical breakthroughs in my faith like last summer did.

Summer is always a delicious time...

No comments: