Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Yay!

Finally! A day with no rain! But still no sunshine... Bleah...

All I really wanted today was to lie out on the deck with my sketch book and crayons. With kitty curled up by my side of course.
Thanks to the rain, everything is green and smells like damp earth. It's summer but it feels like spring again.
And my poor car is now covered in yellow leaves.

Last night before I went to sleep, I felt sort of oppressed. But after praying and worshipping, I felt peaceful again and fell right asleep.

It only took a few days, but I think I'm quite used to being here now. I sat with one of the boys to watch a baseball game (Mets against Marlins) today and the kid taught me a lot about this "America's favourite pastime". He's only 7 years old, but he's already like an open encyclopaedia about baseball. He can recite all the players' names and the different teams and what each player is good at. It's crazy...

Tomorrow morning I get to visit kitty for an hour or so before I go off to work in New York City. Then after NYC I'll be driving home to Pennsylvania to visit family for Sunday.

I got paid today and it feels nice.

:)

Nothing beats relaxing after a hard days' work.

很多次我会问自己:我们每天的功劳到底是为了什么?这条苦命再难又怎么样?到了最后,无论是穷人或是有钱人,都会回到泥土里。连历史总有一天也会消失;所以,留下来的 legacies 也通通是无意的。

So why do we worry about petty things so much? If only we realised, how short our time on earth is! How brief this interlude- like a baby's breath and spring in April. In less than a blink it is gone and as we watch for the future, the present breezes by like a freight train on a trip to nowhere.

But we're not going nowhere. And someday we'll have to answer some questions about the life we've lived, the time that has been given to us.

Have you accomplished your task?

No comments: