Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lunch Post


This is what I have for lunch when I'm feeling lazy, or when there's nothing much left in the fridge. Just kimchi, porridge and egg with soy sauce.

Also reading "Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison for my American Literature class. When I first saw the title on my syllabus a few months back, I thought it was some science fiction novel about a real invisible man, but the plot turned out to be entirely different. It's about how a black man feels invisible in his society and that's why it's called "Invisible Man'. I would've never guessed....

Anyhoot, this weekend I'm going away for something really fun yet not fun at the same time. I will take A LOT of pictures for sure; the challenge will probably be to not take too many pictures.

And well, life is going along just fine. Got a roof over my head and as you can see, food on my table so I'm not complaining.

However yesterday evening while hanging out with some friends, the topic of "what are you going to do after college" came up again. For a very popular topic in my life, it is also one of my most-disliked questions to answer. My answer is always the same: my plan is to make a plan. And just hearing those words being spoken about the future can be very disconcerting for me.

Am I really doing God's will in waiting? Is this really what He wants right now or am I supposed to be doing something else? Should I continue my studies or should I look for work? What kind of work should I look for? Where should I look for work?

My friends tried to talk me through making a plan, asking me what I thought were possible career options. After hearing my slew of completely unrelated ideas (travel guide, English teacher, general employee in some marketing department, just to name few...), they were equally stumped and simply wished me luck with a shrug.

As if I didn't see that conclusion coming!

\(^-^)/

No comments: