Sunday, November 07, 2010

Praises and Voices

Praise God for finding me a parking spot miraculously! He answered my ridiculous prayer AGAIN. I am just so amazed at how He always provides a lot when it just seems completely impossible...

Anyway I just got back to school from Pennsylvania- it's been a nice long weekend. I spent time with the family and church people but I didn't seem to get a lot of homework done.

However the greatest thing is that God spoke to my heart again this weekend.

The first thing He told me on Thursday night that it was NOT ok that I take Sunday "off" from church to go watch the NYC Marathon. Up to this point, I had justified going to the marathon with excuses like "but it only happens once a year and I may never get to watch it again", "I can always go to church at 18:30 in New Jersey", "it's only one Sunday", etc. However God very clearly spoke to me through Thursday's Bible study that it wasn't ok to justify any sin at all, and me missing church on Sunday is an act of choosing something else over God.

God laid His life down for me, but can't I even give Him my Sundays?

I was instantly convicted in my spirit and my guilt drove me to confess my sin and stay for church on Sunday instead of driving back up to New York on Saturday night.

I can't believe that it wasn't too long ago that I had missed church on Sunday and I am already tempted again to do it. I feel so weak! But PRAISE GOD that He opened my eyes and gave me the strength and desire to overcome this sin.

On another matter, I've been asking God for some answers regarding friendships that aren't going well and God spoke to my heart on Saturday night as I was reading His Word. He brought me to Luke 18:9-14 which is a parable that Jesus told about the Pharisee and the tax collector.

Long story short, the Holy Spirit again pinpointed the problem that I've been asking Him to reveal. And it turns out that the problem is one that I've known all along- pride.

I have so much pride in me, the kind of pride that is so malignant that I have mastered even the subtle art of putting someone else down without actually voicing it. Elevating myself over others, whether in attitude, thought, speech or action, there is just so much pride blocking God's work in my friendships.

On Sunday God again reiterated this point by bringing up the same exact verse in Bible study class. It brought goosebumps to my skin.

Honestly, I keep asking God to beat down my pride but I can't help but feel it rise up in me even as I pray. It just seems cloud my mind up so much and I hate that I can't see past it.

I will continue to cry out to God to deliver me from this horrible sinful behaviour because I know that this will lead to death and destruction. I choose LIFE! I won't give up asking God to deliver me because I know He will be faithful to answer my prayer like He's answered all my other prayers- and how much more will He give unto me if I am asking according to His will?

Tomorrow evening I'll be conducting Bible study in my dorm room again. This time we're expecting a new addition to the group so hopefully things will run smoothly. I pray that the Lord will give us guidance and wisdom to spread His truth the way He intended it. I praise God for the opportunity to be bearers of His Word. We are blessed indeed to be entrusted with the very source of LIFE!

Oh yes another thing.

Again, money keeps appearing miraculously. The craziest thing is that I haven't been working at all but money just keeps coming when I need it. This to me is amazing testimony of God's grace and provision. He is aware always of all of our needs and He takes care of His sheep.

Praise God praise god PRAISE GOD!

No comments: