Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Today & Praises


I just got back from a 70min swimming session... feeling a little bit high right now. Is there such a thing called the "swimmers' high"? Perhaps there is... But still, nothing beats the runners' high.

Doing Russian homework... I'm taking a Russian tutorial right now, which means that I don't have to go to class. I just study the material and do the homework on my own, then let my professor mark it after I'm done. If I have any questions, I can ask him at my own leisure.

Unfortunately, the new dean at school has abolished all tutorials starting next semester. This means that I can't continue with my Russian tutorial after this semester because there are no physical classes for Russian offered by the Language department. The new "no tutorials" rule has gotten the entire school faculty into an uproar because this really messes things up for many people, especially the smaller departments who don't have a great variety of classes.

But what is there to do? Money talks in this country and its voice is especially loud in the higher education sector.


My twisted ankle is getting better but you can still see slight swelling (right foot). I've been going to the trainer's and doing rehabilitation exercises for the ankle. Hopefully three weeks is all I will have to miss for running. In the meantime, I will just treat it as one nice long extended break before my final outdoor season.


..........................................................................................................................................


On another note, something really exciting is happening within the Monday Bible study. We just welcomed a new member yesterday and now we're up to three people. Next Monday we're also expecting another new girl and then we'll be up to four and maybe five if another girl decides to come as well.

This is amazing to me because well, it's just amazing. Only God could have accomplished this in other people's hearts- touching them and making them open to studying His Word. God answers prayers according to His will!

This Sunday during church, we talked about facing trials in class. It all seemed purposeful and directed at my current situation and again, I just had to thank God for speaking to me when I asked for a word from Him. We basically talked about how life isn't perfect for Christians and we will face trials along the way some time or another. But they are here to refine us like gold- so that under heat, the dirt and grime in our spirits may rise to the surface and God can then clear it away to reveal a "purer" us inside.

When I heard that, I felt my heart go warm... Like wow... God is so thoughtful that even though my sufferings aren't so terrible but He still lets me know that there is a purpose to everything that is going on in my life right now.

God's just awesome like that isn't He?


:)

No comments: