Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Exhaustion

Dear God,

I am really tired tonight. Not simply because I am physically exhausted from being awake almost 21 hours now, but also because I am worrying about coughing up money in December.

I know You know that I have about fifteen bucks left in my bank account and that makes me really worried about how I'm going to pay for gas the upcoming weekends (what with the rising prices and all) and the two parking tickets which come to a total of 130USD.

Even as I type this out I find it very faithless of me to be worried about these things. Have I not witnessed enough of Your faithfulness to understand that You always provide abundantly? Do I not feel secure enough, remembering the times when I thought help would never come but it did anyway, miraculously?

I worry so much too about how I'm doing in school and sometimes it seems that I just can't conquer my laziness/tiredness. It's like I want to do my homework but it keeps running away from me! And while at the beginning I'd try my best to catch it and pin it down, now I just find myself so tired of it all. I lift my eyes to the ceiling, asking "where does my help come from?", already knowing the answer, but half-believing that You, Lord, will help me in such a simple thing as getting through school.

I am so sorry Lord for all the doubts and fears that I put up against You. You are a God of miracles. You created the world in seven days, parted the Red Sea, kept the sun in the sky for an entire day, saved me from who I was... and still these comparably small circumstances have me wavering!

Lord, I really don't want to be like this... I am very tired right now and I don't want to carry around the burdens of my worries any longer. I am just going to sleep right now and ask that You will grant me a sweet night's sleep. I pray that Your presence will go ahead of me tomorrow and for the rest of the week. May Your love and strength lift me up above all my troubles so that I may rejoice under the shade of Your wings!

I know You've seen my weekly schedule and how it's all crammed full of activities and assignment due dates. Please calm the storm of busyness in my life right now and help me to just be still and know that You are God.

Refresh me with Your living water. Give me rest as I rest in You alone. Without You Lord I can accomplish nothing. So I am giving up all my stresses right now. I know that things will turn out better than fine because You are in control.

Amen!

1 comment:

Candice said...

I find comfort in your words. Was just about to take a bath when I read your blog. Thanks for encouraging !!!