Monday, November 08, 2010

Suffering For Christ

Talk about a cold dreary day.


My classes went by so slowly I felt as if time had stood still and I'd be stuck there forever.

But after my classes ended time flew by so quickly that I didn't even realise when it got dark outside. And it gets dark really early these days, especially after we switched our clocks one hour back for Daylight Saving on Sunday. Our days will be getting shorter and shorter until 22nd December when the whole thing reverses and the days get longer again.

Today's Bible study was a little intense.

The guy who was supposed to come didn't come, but it turned out to be a good thing because that allowed Khadeen and I to talk about much more personal things. We poured out our hearts to God and the devil tried so hard during those hours to distract our minds, to pollute our environment.

But PRAISE GOD! He delivered us from the machinations of the evil one and spoke truth into our hearts. I feel like we got a lot out of today's Bible study even though we didn't really go through the devotional or study a particular verse. Instead we used the time to pour out our weaknesses to God, to surrender and to say that we can't do anything on our own.

Khadeen left, but the battle wages on even now. Please pray for me if you are reading this. I ask that God will lift me up in this trying time, that He will set His word upon my lips and pour out His overpowering love in my heart. Nothing shall come between me and the love of my saviour!

Though the world around me mocks and tries to tear me down, I will stand fast in the truth, I will hold on to my faith in Christ. I will rejoice in my sufferings because suffering produces perseverance, perseverance character and character hope; and hope will not disappoint me because God has poured out His love into my heart by the Holy Spirit who lives in me. -Romans 5:3-5

Less of me and more of You oh Lord!


No comments: