Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blue Feet

Cooked some spicy sausage and beet soup last night for dinner.


Woke up this morning feeling like my second right toe was a little more swollen than usual. The thing is, I haven't been able to fully feel my toe tips since the December event that I worked in those crazy heels. Not only that, but that second right toe has been steadily turning purple since then. I think the nail will fall off soon.

So I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to put the dry dishes away, only to open the drawer and have a loose chunk of wood fall right onto my right foot!

It totally took me by surprise and I couldn't even jump away in time because I was too groggy to notice it falling.

As you can see, my right big toe is now swollen and turning blue too.

I'm quite upset because I have a track meet later today and I've been feeling pretty nervous about it anyway. Now that my right foot is hurting like crazy, I don't know how I'm going to be able to run. It hurts to place any weight on it while walking, let alone run. I tried bending my toes inwards but they're too swollen to do that.

Why do these things happen?

Sometimes it feels like there's someone out there to get me.

Father God, I don't know what else is coming today but I just ask that You will go ahead of me and be my Defender and Comforter. Please heal my feet and help me to focus on You and Your Word throughout the day. I will meditate on Your goodness and mercies!

A quote by Lynn Jennings says "mental will is a muscle that needs exercise, just like the muscles of the body".

That jolted me awake.

It's time to toughen up!

No comments: