Monday, June 20, 2011

Heaven is For Real


I was browsing through a book store in Vermont on Saturday when this book caught my eye.

It is a true story about this little boy, Colton Burpo, who died for three minutes, went to heaven and came back to life to tell his parents about his experiences.

Although this isn't the first near-death experience (NDE) I've read about, this particular one just captivated me because it was seen through the eyes of an innocent little boy who has no qualms about telling it like it is.

I know a lot of people have problems believing this sort of thing and I don't blame them. It would sound pretty crazy to the average Joe. But isn't that what "believing" is all about? Having faith in something that cannot be tangibly proven. In today's scientific world, being able to believe and have faith in something intangible is a luxury.

So anyways I finished the entire book in one sitting and ended up sleeping past two last night because it was just THAT FANTASTIC.

The book made me smile, laugh, cry and go "aww" so many times in those few hours that at the end of it I was just overwhelmed.

I'd definitely definitely definitely recommend this book to the whole wide world!


No comments: