Thursday, June 02, 2011

What I've Been Up To & Thoughts

Yes... I know I disappeared for a while, but I'm back now!

I can't believe the week after graduation passed so quickly. It seems as if I blinked my eye and it went by. Here's a really really condensed recap of what I've been up to with my dad visiting.

Spent two days touring NYC.

Ate in and shopped at Peddler's Village.

More shopping at the Philadelphia Premium Outlets.

Visited the Amish, of course.

Had an amazing Memorial weekend.

Basically hung out in the lovely weather.

Celebrated my twenty-second birthday with family.

Set up a lemonade stand with the boys.

Went bowling (boy, I really stink now).

Went picnicking at Lake Nockamixon.

Had ice cream at Merrymead Farm.

Then it was time to say goodbye...

After he left, I spent the next day cleaning the house and doing laundry. There were a lot of errands that had piled up during the time that he was here and I had to get those out of the way too.

This morning I went with my young adults' group from church (C.L.I.M.B.) to a place called SHARE in Philadelphia to volunteer. We didn't know what we would be doing until we got there.

Since SHARE gives out charity boxes to the elderly with food inside, we had to help them put together the boxes. The goal was 700 finished boxes, but we soon learnt that the assembly line wasn't as easy as it looked.

Although we only managed to finish about 300 boxes, it was still a great feeling to be tired from doing some manual work. Not to mention, helping out a non-profit organisation at the same time.

And since it was Dorie's birthday, we celebrated it in the afternoon with ginormous Philly cheesesteaks at Mama's Pizzeria and draped her in pink paper ribbons after C.L.I.M.B. at night.

So that basically sums up my activities in the past week and a half or so.

Everyone has been asking me what I'm going to do now that I've graduated and I still give them the same reply: "I DON'T KNOW".

I'll admit that once in a while, I do get jittery about my future. I think about all the things that I have not done right or done enough and imagine that my life is just going to go downhill from here. But that's just me forgetting God's promises and losing focus.

The other day, I got a little upset thinking about all the reasons why I'm probably going to end up falling short of what I know I could achieve in this life. It was rather depressing and I realised that though I'm a big-time slacker and a "anything, whatever" kind of person on the surface, I actually do harbour desires for a certain level of "greatness".

Greatness- not necessarily in monetary terms, nor am I talking about fame... But just something. I just know I'm made for so much more than this... But what?

I can tell that my mom is trying her best to back off from prodding me too much about finding a job, but just being able to sense her nervousness can be a little frustrating.

I wish everyone would calm down and not think that I am being a slacker right now. All things in due time...

I have too many options to choose from and yes, although it's both a boon and a bane, I shall look upon this situation as a blessing. How many people have this many choices concerning their futures after graduating from college?

I know that wherever I go, whatever I end up doing, God will bless the work of my hands if I am working for Him. So I am not worried about that.

I just need to move.


No comments: