Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Master Of None

All my life, I've always had teachers, friends and coaches tell me that I've got talent, potential and whatnot.

But I never achieved any greatness in sports, academics or anything else that I may have had a gift in.

And to be honest, I am grateful for that.

Why?

Because I don't have the kind of humility needed to be great in something.

I finally realised that while watching Without Limits about Prefontaine. It's probably my tenth time watching the entire movie through but this time, as I watched Pre do his first victory lap at Hayward Field, it struck me that I do not have the kind of character nor integrity to handle success like that. Not right now at least.

I'd probably have my head blown up with pride and the last thing I'd think about is thanking God. So, knowing that, He's never allowed me to become truly good at any single one thing in life- even though I have the potential.

How great are the depths of His knowledge!


No comments: