Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Night At THRIVE

I just looked at the time...... 02:46?!?!?!

(O_o)

I've been suffering from insomnia recently both because of my unwillingness to shut my computer off and from the whole house being in a complete mess. My room is so covered and filled with clothes and stuff that I am packing- that my mind feels messed up as well.

Tonight was my first night going to THRIVE, a young adults' worship night at Keystone church near my house. There weren't a lot of kids today (supposedly they get around 200 most nights) but still a lot more than C.L.I.M.B..

I've actually always wanted to attend one of THRIVE's worship nights but I never got around to going because of one reason or another. I finally made my mind up to go today over the past weekend though. And wouldn't you know it... on Saturday, something happened that made me really not want to go to THRIVE anymore, but Becky told me that I shouldn't let that keep me away.

So I prayed and prayed and prayed about it. Even while I was driving to THRIVE, I prayed and asked God to just make things right. Not only did God answer my prayer, He also showed me why I was feeling hindered from going to THRIVE.

The reason is because when I got there, I realised that the people there seriously needed to be prayed over and I made a commitment to do that. Could it be that the devil did not want me there? I think it's a high possibility... That's why he tried to manipulate me into not going. But I am so glad that God put His will in me and I trusted Him to make things right.

I am excited to see God move powerfully again!

This walk with Jesus is getting awesomer and awesomer by the day...

But another dilemma is arising...

The pressure to find a job is building by the day. I will have to find some means of making money soon just to support myself. I can't live off my parents forever! However the more I think about possible jobs, the more I don't want to apply to any of them. Not because I've caught the lazybug of summer, but because they are all so distasteful compared to full-time ministry.

I keep thinking about how much nicer it would be to work in full-time ministry these days but I don't know how I would come up with the money to go to seminary in the meantime. I know if this is God's will, He will provide the necessary funds. However, I am still unsure as to whether this is what God wants for me or it's just what I prefer. Perhaps I really DID catch the lazybug and just don't feel like entering the workforce at all!

Whatever it is, I am going to listen for His voice.

I refuse to live a normal life when I've got Christ living in me!




1 comment:

Tal said...

Sounds good :D