Friday, August 26, 2011

God Of Miracles

As I'm sitting here reading stories of miracles online, I just remembered some miracles that happened to me this week. They may be small as compared to other incredible stories, but these mean a lot to me. They are an indication of God's never-failing love.

First of all, remember the earthquake the struck the U.S. east coast this past Monday? Well, I slept right through it. Didn't feel a thing. None of my neighbours seemed to be affected by it either. It was as if nothing even happened here at all. My parents who work a few miles away from here felt it in their offices though. Somehow, I just get a sense of a shield of protection over my neighbourhood. Even if it's just protection from a spirit of anxiety- God definitely watched out for us. Interestingly, I had felt moved to pray for the whole neighbourhood just a few days ago. I even took my bike and rode round and round at night when every household was asleep and prayed over the houses I rode by. It seems that God has answered my prayer! I feel that He probably prompted me to pray for my neighbourhood because of the impending earthquake. Not to mention, now that Hurricane Irene is predicted to hit us this coming weekend, we will need God's help and protection more than ever!

Also, another cool story...

Tuesday night, I was feeling very down and far from God. I felt as if I'd let Him down. Even though I knew that God still loved me, it was just so hard to even pray or read the Bible. I felt unworthy bringing my prayer requests to Him in the night. It was like I was dying inside... All I wanted was to be reconciled with God again. So I finally broke down and cried out to God. I sat outside on my deck looking up to the sky and calling on Jesus not to give up on me. Exhausted and teary-eyed, I finally lay flat on my back and stared up to the sky. With Hillsong plugged into my ears singing You Are More, I gazed up into the stars. The song went,

"On the day I called
You answered me
And the hope in my soul increased
I lift my hands
And turn my eyes
To the God who heals my heart
And gives me peace

You are more than
My words could ever say
You are Lord over all
Over all of my days
I will see this season through
I will fix my eyes on You
"

When that last line played "I will fix my eyes on You", suddenly my eyes were opened and I saw a cross shining among the stars directly above me! I couldn't believe my eyes! I've been fixing my eyes on the cross the whole time and I didn't even realise it... I mean seriously, what are the chances of lying directly under this constellation, facing in the exactly correct angle at the exactly right time of the night so that it was right overhead when I needed to see it? I've tried looking for it other nights but it either wasn't the right time of night or just too cloudy.

I was overwhelmed. My heart choked, "why would you do this for me Lord?"
Immediately, a bright shooting star appeared to the right of the cross and I felt a gentle whisper say "because I love you."

And I felt this peace just come over me......

Dear Lord Jesus, I don't deserve anything. But You have chosen to give me grace because Your love is higher than the heavens and deeper than the seas. God as I lay there staring up in the heavens, trying to wrap my mind around what "eternity" meant, it astounded me that You would love me as high as the heavens were. It confounded me that You would love me, this failed wreckage, this worm of a person, enough to abase Yourself and die on a cross for my sins. Lord, I know that each time I sin, I grieve Your Holy Spirit. I know that You weep for the times that I fall short but You still bear with me and forgive my sins. Thank You for still choosing to use me, a sinner. Thank You for making me new and breaking my chains to sin! Thank You for changing my heart completely and renewing my mind so that I am no longer a slave to sin but am now a redeemed child of Yours! I pray that You will continue to use me powerfully, for the rest of my days. Help me not to stumble but to walk steadily in Your Word all the days of my life, guided by Your voice and comforting hands. I give my all to You Lord Jesus Christ. In Your name I ask all these, Amen!


No comments: