Thursday, August 11, 2011

Awaken Us

Going around on Facebook, it's easy to feel like the only Christian in the world sometimes. Even reading some of the things professed Christians post on their walls makes me feel even lonelier because you realise that majority of the people who call themselves Christian are simply putting on a label.

Matthew 6:23 says "if then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!"

Yep. That was definitely me.

Thinking that I was a Christian all the while living any way I wanted. I thought I lived in the light but that thought itself blinded me to the fact that I wasn't living for Christ at all. I lived for myself and to gratify myself. How great was that darkness!

And how deep the darkness, when you try to justify yourself to others by acting like a good person! Although you're quoting Scripture and acting holy, your heart is covered in filthy darkness. Though outwardly shining, I was inwardly rotting in spiritual sin. I hated, I envied, I lied, I cheated, I took the Lord's name and promises in vain by worrying. And soon the condition of my heart would result in an outward manifestation of sorts.

Man, I hate pointing out splinters in other people's eyes because the spotlight always gets shined on my eyes next. I can only imagine the kind of backlash Paul must have gotten, writing all those convicting letters to the different churches. But I get so HOT sometimes reading these lies on Facebook...... and the only thing I can really do is pray for the person and hope that God will be merciful with me as well.

Yes, we are all works in progress- but some people aren't progressing at all. They're just stuck in a hamster wheel rut, imagining that they're going somewhere when really they're not.

I so desperately want my friends to wake up! To stop living for the world but to embrace Christ with everything they've got! Because Christ is all we've got......

Jesus Christ you're all I've got and there's nothing I can do or say to convince these people unless You personally touch their hearts God. So I ask that You will move among them, stir their hearts, convict them and cause a revival among those who are asleep in their faith. Put in their hearts such a burning passion for You that they will put to death their old ways and instead live as new creations in You God! I pray all these in Jesus' name, Amen.


No comments: