Thursday, September 01, 2011

House-hunting In SG

I guess now that my family knows I'm back in Singapore, I can finally write about it here. Haha!

The reason why I didn't want to tell anyone that we were coming back to Singapore this week in the first place was so that we could prank them! And oh boy the prank went so well, I couldn't believe it myself. Got severe stomach cramps afterwards from all the laughing!

So we finally found a house today and it looks gorgeous......

I can't help but just be awed at how good God has been and is to this family. From my point of view, the way I live, the comforts of life that I get to enjoy is all thanks to God. There is no way that I could ever live this comfortably if not for His hand of blessing over us. There are no words to describe how grateful I feel today. How many other families in Singapore will ever even know what it feels like to not worry about food the next day?

As we were viewing houses today, I was struck by two contrasts- an elderly Chinese man cleaning the floors, looking dejected, and a rich young family relaxing by the side of the pool. Surely fate has dealt them both very different cards! One has to scrape by for a living and the other doesn't seem to have to.

There is so much suffering and struggling in Singapore all around us. Why don't people stop and see? Why doesn't anybody seem to care about the hearts that are screaming on the inside? Everywhere I turn, there always seems to be a sad face...


No comments: