Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Godwinks

I just finished reading the book When God Winks On New Beginnings- Signposts of Encouragement For Fresh Starts And Second Chances by Squire Rushnell. It was actually a really fast read for a valid reason: I am currently SO involved with this subject of "new beginnings". 

For almost a year now, the building anticipation of graduation and a move to Singapore has been causing my heart to swing from anxiety to excitement. Even now, I sit with the weighty expectation of a job search on my lap. 

I love the fresh new smell of an unused notebook. 

To my mixed fear and delight, a beautiful new book has just been gifted me by God but I am just stumped as to what kind of story I want to fill its pages with.

In When God Winks On New Beginnings, Squire Rushnell mentions Alice asking the Cheshire Cat for directions. Unfortunately, she does not have a destination in mind- to which the Cheshire Cat points out: "Then it doesn't matter much which way you go."

I suppose that's me right now.  

I sat in bed last night trying to trace some lines around the things I'm passionate about and the dreams i've always held in my heart and came to one conclusion: I need to narrow them down. 

Is it a good or bad thing to have a thousand and one dreams? 

Perhaps it's merely a clue as to my lack of passion in any one particular thing, but I've come to some general ideas about the things I truly enjoy just for the sake of doing them. 

  1. I like to be in the great outdoors.
  2. I like to work in interaction with people & animals.
  3. I like to feel as though the work I do is socially rewarding.

I guess that narrows it down a bit, doesn't it? 

Now I just have to step out in faith and wait patiently for those green light moments, those "Godwinks" when I know God is nodding His head in approval and smiling upon the work of my hands.


No comments: