Saturday, September 24, 2011

Poka Koshka

I'm sitting here next to my bedroom window looking outside at the grey skies and loving every bit of this cool fall air. Goodbye summer, hello autumn! I wonder if I'll get to see the leaves change colours before I leave. 

Koshka is no longer around- I've given her to my friend for good and she's got a new home now. I wonder how she's doing. I miss her furriness and nails in my arm. Not to mention her snuggywuggy widdle face whiskering right up my leg. Sigh... I didn't cry when I gave her away because I felt that I would see her again someday. And also, I know she's going to a fun place with lots of mice, dogs and chickens to keep her occupied. She'll have a warm place to sleep and food aplenty for the rest of her life. What more could a kitty ask for? 

But I had so many memories with her...... 

On nights when I felt so depressed I thought I could die, I used to hold her tight and cry into her fur. Even as a kitten, Koshka knew. And there were days when she used to sit in the front seat of my car with just one paw on my leg with her eyes closed. And then there were times when she'd pee into my stuff and I'd get so mad at her. 

She was always a little presence when God was just reaching out to me. I feel that He sent Koshka to me to be my little non-talking-back friend in my darkest days. When the light of Jesus came into my life, she was there to share my joy- to listen to me laugh and sing songs in my room. And later when I dormed up at in college, she'd always be waiting at home for me on the deck or in the basement when I came back on the weekends; and we'd chill just like old times. 

I wonder if she remembers all these things as I do. 

But even if she doesn't, I'll always remember her as I do my other pet friends. But Koshka will always have a special place in my heart. No other cat could ever replace her. 


No comments: