Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sharing In Christ's Sufferings

I was gonna start writing a post about how difficult life has been... how tough it is to live the Christian life amidst this dark world- but then I realised that this "tough Christian life" is exactly what I've been asking for.

I asked God to help me live outside of my comfort zone didn't I? And I asked that He would help me to live carrying the cross each day didn't I?

So now that I've got great opportunities to test my mettle, witness to others in God's love, why am I screaming "pain! PAIN!"? Has not God prepared the way ahead? Is He not right there with me in the fire? Will He not deliver me when I call?

So I'll just say one thing- things are definitely not getting easier by the day. But at least I know that I will not be tested beyond what I can handle. I also know that all these things are to reap a great harvest when the time is right. I am just grateful that God has counted me worthy to take part in His sufferings.

Today when we took communion in church, it struck me that I am always eager to participate in the blessings of Christ, but not so much in the sufferings of Christ.

Yet Romans 8:17 says "Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."

Also in Job 2:10, "Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"

I know that all these things will pass... They are worldly temporary troubles. But we work for a prize that is far greater. A prize that cannot be destroyed by rust, moth or mold. So I count all my miseries as gain!

Thank you God, for testing me and molding me into someone who may stand in Your presence someday, knowing that I have pleased You. I pray that You will give me the right attitude in handling all the trials that are coming my way. Help me to lean unto You with all I've got. Use all of this for Your glory! In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments: