Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Breakthrough

Tonight, (or I guess, since it's 03:45 in the morning right now), yesterday night, God led me to a Bible study at T.J.'s house. The reason why I say that God led me there, is literally because I wasn't supposed to go because I didn't have a ride there. But at just the right time, God provided a ride! 

Truthfully, I felt very uncomfortable when I first got there. But that's a normal feeling, I guess, to be in a room surrounded by people you don't know, all facing each other and sharing deeply personal prayer requests. But once we started praying, I could just feel the Holy Spirit speaking through my thoughts and other people's prayers. His was such a familiar voice, yet such a voice! Many times during the night, He sent my heart racing with conviction, with rhema and with revelations. Even in my earthly discomfort, the Holy Spirit lifted me up in His arms and wrapped me in His garments of righteousness. 

Then, as if our conversation could not bear to end, I went home and just ate up God's Word in a way that I haven't in a long time. It touched my heart to see well-known verses spring to new life- injecting my soul with fresh perspective and renewed passion. 

This, this is the living water that I have been craving for! 

I have so much more to learn, to take hold of...... May I never feel as if I'm "already there"! 

Dear sweet Jesus, my soul faints and longs for You. There is none like You who satisfies my spirit. Your fullness, Your wholeness overwhelms me. You fill me to the bursting with good things from Your table. From Your throne Your living waters flow into my life, washing away all unclean things, healing all diseases and watering crops to bear a fruitful harvest for You. Better is one day in Your courts, one day in Your house than thousands elsewhere! I pray that I may always dwell in Your sanctuary. Never take Your Spirit from me, but put Your Spirit and heart in mine always. In Jesus' name, Amen! O Holy One of Israel, Jehovah Nissi my banner of Love, You alone are worthy to be praised and lifted up! 


No comments: