Saturday, April 11, 2009

Drizzle

I'm back in Pennsylvania now and it's a little bit dreary outside. Which is just as well since sunny weather will not make me feel any better about having to stay in all day studying.

In the past few days, I've had more realisations about the kind of job I want to have in the future. I guess it's just a normal process of growing up- but I can't help but wish I knew this a long time ago. It would've saved me so much time and effort... Yet as always, I'm sure this process has a rhyme and reason as well.

Slowly slowly... I'm leaving behind the person I was and becoming somebody else.

I can't help but feel nostalgic and miss the old me though.

I've never been this self-motivated in my life. Somebody always had to be there to either threaten or soothe me into movement. My actions and desires were unbridled- moving with the wind and answering to nobody and nothing.

Typical rebellious teenager who thought I was invincible; just that I took it to the extreme.

But again, as I said... It's just a normal process of growing up.

Sitting here and staring out at the grey drizzle, I realised how far I've come in these past few months again. Even in the past few weeks... All it takes is a single spark of revelation to produce a new mental beginning. It's so important to look backwards and watch your progression (or regression) as it helps you to appreciate and trust in life a bit more. It makes me smile to realise so many more before me have been through and learnt the same things.

Nothing is original.

No comments: