Wednesday, December 22, 2010

9 Days Till 2011


Christmas is drawing near... But as the song goes,

"Where's the line to see Jesus? Is He here at the store?
If Christmas time is His birthday, why don't we see Him more?
Where's the line to see Jesus? He was born for me.
Santa Claus brought me presents, but Christ gave His life for me." ---Becky Kelley


I managed to stay up to watch the first bit of the very much hyped-up lunar eclipse.


The news was making it sound like such a big deal but I sincerely wanted to just see the red moon.


Unfortunately I fell asleep before it turned red and woke up at 05:00 when it was almost over.

What a shame!

But I comfort myself by thinking that I'll get to see the most amazing thing in the world someday... My saviour's face, the radiant Son, our Lord Jesus Christ!


Met Sunita at the Newark International Airport today as I was waiting to pick up Ashley. Poor Suni has been stuck at the airport since Sunday because her flight to Munich via London has been cancelled due to the crippling snowstorms at Heathrow.

She will probably kill me if she ever saw this photo on my blog but she doesn't come here ever so I think it's safe... Haha.

Guess what?

I went to the Jersey City Municipal Court this morning because I'd received a summons for not paying a parking ticket. I thought that was unfair since I received the notice a few days after I had already paid for the ticket. However, I just decided to go anyway. Turns out that I didn't have to pay an extra fine on top of what I'd already paid.

That means extra cash in my pocket right when I really needed it!

Praise God! Talk about a Jehovah Jireh...

But tonight I'm in need of prayers of a different kind.

Lord you know my heart and all the unspoken thoughts that are in it. You see me rise and go to sleep each day. You observe all my ways. Help me to continue walking in Your Word at all times. You are my refuge and my fortress. My firm foundation. You will not be shaken and I will dwell in Your unshakeable presence at all times. Let my heart not be deceived by empty controversies, doubts or misleading doctrines. Grant me discernment so that I may recognise Your voice.

Hmm... I guess I should explain a bit more.

I've been reading a lot of articles about the Illuminati, secret occult societies, controversial events and hidden symbolism that's crept into mainstream Christianity. This "research" has been going on for about a year or so now. All this new information is coming at a time when I'm just re-examining all the "Christian" things that I do right now; whether they are really Christian or not.

At this point, I've read so much that I think I've gotten a sort of brain overload.

The Bible says to "avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless" (Titus 3:9)

It also says "Do not put out the Spirit’s fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil." (1 Thessalonians 5:19-22).

In particular, I am still vexed about the fact that my young adults' Bible study group is going to watch the new Narnia movie tomorrow. I RSVPed on Facebook that I wouldn't go watch it, mostly because of reasons similar to the ones I posted here. But I really dislike having to separate myself from the group like that.

John 2:19 says "they went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."

Am I being falsely indoctrinated in any way or form? Am I being too "extreme" in my beliefs and trying to be self-righteous instead of following God's will?

First of all, after having quit the Harry Potter series back in 2002, I can't bring myself to justify Narnia even if C.S. Lewis is said to be incorporating Christian themes into his work.

I don't know... There's just something not right to my mind, about having Christian themes presented by occultic creatures such as fauns, witches, centaurs and unicorns. It reeks of subtle deception, especially so now that I've read more about the pagan worship history behind all these mythical creatures. The Narnia movie portrays the Faun, Mr. Tumnus as a helpful kindhearted creature. Yet in occultic history, the faun is a pagan creature most recognised as the idol-god Pan. This wikipedia link should be enough to convince you of its relevancy to Satanic imagery.

Am I saying that children and adults who watch Narnia will love Satan just because Mr. Tumnus is portrayed as the good guy?

Maybe. Perhaps not. The unfortunate fact is that most people will simply brush off mythical creatures as made-up fairytales figures designed to entertain children and such.

I don't want to lead anybody astray by my watching or not watching the movie, and that's why I need prayers for wisdom and discernment.

"Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins." (James 4:17)

Notice here it doesn't say "anyone who knows the evil he ought not to do and does it, sins."

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." (Phillipians 4:8)

Perhaps God wants me to refocus again on His word and listen solely for His voice... But the decision still remains to be made. To go or not to go?

...

No comments: