Monday, December 06, 2010

About Shopping

Hello!

I'm starting this post without any specific topic in mind. Just wanted to blog to keep the writing momentum going.

Life leading up to this weekend felt a little crazy. I've been too busy trying to be a good student, a diligent employee, and a hardworking runner. But after turning in my thirteen-page essay this morning, I feel as if a weight's been lifted off my shoulders.

I couldn't have made it through this weekend if not for all the answered prayers- whether for a parking space or for strength and focus. Thank God for His presence throughout each day and night. He carried me through!


First snowfall of the year in Pennsylvania!

Hmm.... Let's see...

All the Christian radio stations have been playing Christmas music nonstop for a few weeks now. My parents got the Christmas tree on Sunday and its standing nice and tall in our living room next to the fireplace. Christmas is almost upon us but my enthusiasm level is at its lowest this year. I've started to automatically shun Christmas movies, just because they're all so.... Christmassy... Obviously I don't believe in Santa Claus; but even worse now is that I can't seem to find meaning in Christmas presents. I have everything I need to live and more, but what about all the other people who are starving to death each minute?

I guess it's hard for me to disregard the feeling of guilt that comes with receiving things I don't really need. As the years go on, I've begun to see how privileged and blessed I really am. I know I can't do much to eradicate extreme poverty completely, but I could try to put a smile on someone else's face everyday.

I've really lost my appetite for shopping this Christmas season. The only time I could really buy clothes in good conscience was this past Sunday when I went with Khadeen to the thrift store.

I will write a post someday about all the awesome steals I've ever gotten at the store.

Yikes it's almost midnight!!!

OK I gots ta go.

Goodnight world... :)

No comments: