Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Year End Ponderations

He's done it again!

Somehow God answered my prayer and helped me through three finals even though I really felt as if I couldn't do it. I definitely couldn't have done it alone...

I have just one final left for tomorrow, but my shoulders already feel much lighter.

It's interesting how most of my friends from all over the world are having their finals around this time as well. I imagine stress levels heightened on the global scale must have an effect on something! Perhaps Starbucks enjoys a boost in their sales during the midterms or final examination period. I don't know for sure, but it would be interesting to find out. It's something I imagine Steven Levitt would try to research about.

Winter break is just a day away and I'm pretty happy about that of course.

It's a bittersweet feeling though, as we get ready to say goodbye to our first decade of the 21st century. 2010 has been an excellent year for me. I look back and marvel at how far Christ has brought me from my darkness... Not to mention the already-ginormous pile of answered prayers He's blessed me with. I was extremely fortunate to spend summer 2010 in Singapore with friends and family and all sorts of other nice things.

On hindsight, it's just awesome to see how God answered my prayer about 2010. Before the New Year, I'd asked Him to bless my life in each and every way and to draw me closer to Him. I'll just say that He's fulfilled that promise over and beyond anything I could imagine at the time.

2011 looks set to be a very challenging and mysterious year... I wonder what's right around this riverbend?

No comments: