Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day & Day After

Christmas Day started with a bang.

Quite literally. My brothers were up bright and early before I was and they were making so much noise outside that I woke up too.

Our lovely dark green Christmas tree all twinkly.

Max got to open the very first present.

Alex followed suit.

Between them both, they must have gotten at least twenty gifts this year! Not bad considering we're still not out of the economic slump.

Max made Mummy a Christmas ornament.

Ashley got presents too.

A special handmade gift from 9 year old Hannah Kee. Hannah is the only daughter of the Kee family from church. She made me a lovely green scarf. This is its wrapping package. Cute right?

Opening all the presents took about forty minutes. Check out the aftermath of trash.

For the rest of Christmas Day, we just lay around the house and watched TV. Dinner consisted of the usual ham, mashed potatoes and string beans.

I was quite disappointed that snow did not arrive as forecasted.

The next day, on Sunday 26th December Mummy, the boys, Ashley and I went to church in the morning. The pastor talked about making New Year resolutions to live a Hallelujah life for Christ. When he mentioned how some of us have changed so much in Christ that even five years ago we'd never think to spend the morning before or after Christmas in church, I just felt my eyes go swimmy. It's mind-boggling to see how much Jesus has changed my life. Five years ago I was not a joyful person. I did not have peace nor was I capable of loving people. Today I am that much closer to being all these things that God calls us to be, all because of His grace and mercy. That's what has me Hallelujah-ing everyday of my life!

After church Ashley and I went to Peddler's Village.

Ashley found a mahjong set that had tile racks for you to put the pieces on because they were very much thinner than the regular mahjong pieces.

I really liked this egg-holder dish. The two birds are actually salt and pepper shakers. So cute! This would make me want to eat twenty eggs every morning!

Ashley and the giant cuddly soft toy bear. If only it weren't 1500USD...

The best part of the day was that while we were walking around, it started to snow... and snow...

And it wasn't puny snow that melted in 30 seconds like before. It stuck to the ground and accumulated into one lovely white blanket! Many stores started closing as a result of the weather and we had to go home though.


The drive home was quite dangerous and I lost control of the car a few times. Since the snowfall was so fresh, the roads weren't plowed or salted yet and cars had to drive very slowly and carefully through the deluge.

We got home safely though, after a shopping stint at Old Navy and we had homemade sushi for dinner.

I don't have many thoughts for today because I should've been asleep three hours ago. We have to wake up early to go somewhere tomorrow and I need all the sleep I can get so... Goodnight!

Or rather, good morning.

Well, good afternoon in Singapore.

No comments: