Wednesday, September 05, 2012

August Part Deux

Yay!!!

I'm finally catching up on my blog posts!

This should cover the few weeks after China.




Visiting Stamford American (18th Aug)


The boys had to go for their school's orientation and I tagged along because I wanted to see the newly built campus at Potong Pasir.



I was very impressed with all the facilities. Not even my college was this high-tech! 

Also, they have an angmoh teacher who speaks fluent Chinese. Her pronunciation is even better than most Singaporeans.

=O




Round Island Skate (18th - 19th Aug)


After checking out the new Stamford American campus, I headed over to East Coast Park where a group of skaters and I were going to start our Round Island Skate. 


This was the first time I'd attempted to skate all around Singapore at one go.


Wasn't sure what to expect. 


The only thing I was told was that it was a 123km journey. That's about 77 miles. 

Gosh Singapore's small... 


We stopped for supper along the way.


Went through some HDB areas.


Stopped for even more food.



The famous Thasevi Prata at Jalan Kayu.


It was quite surreal skating through deserted parts of the island around 3 or 4 in the morning.


Because we weren't able to keep with the schedule, we had to stop along Bukit Timah Rd. I ended up getting home around 6-6.30 in the morning. 





Prawning @ Punggol Waterway (20th Aug)


Since that day was a public holiday, I went with my family to Punggol Waterway- now one of my favourite spots in Singapore.


We went to the Hai Bin there for some prawning. Luckily, even though it was a public holiday, the ponds weren't too crowded.


It took some time to learn that patience was a virtue.


We brought home a total of 5 prawns at the end of three hours. The first 5 prawns were lost when Max dropped the basket into the water and all the lucky critters escaped.



Oh the satisfaction of catching something with your bare hands!





Nanyang Tech University (21st - 24th Aug)


I was at NTU for that entire week for work. Got to meet Mandapanda =)





Hangout With Talia (25th Aug)


That Saturday, we had a date to go get our violins cleaned and maintained.


This is the store where we bought both of our violins. 

It's been about 11 years since. 


Being here felt like we were being transported back in a time machine. 


Just like secondary school days.


Like we're still wearing our school uniforms and talking about random stuff.



A road filled with memories...


So it turns out that Gramercy has now moved their workshop from Katong to their headquarters near MacPherson. 

We decided to walk there.


The map they gave us stank and we ended up walking much longer than we should. 

We were so relieved when we finally got to our destination!






New Hair (31st Aug)


This is probably old news, but I got my hair cut, styled and dyed. 

It's a big change for me, considering that I haven't coloured my hair in the last four years. 





That's about all for now. 

I hope to be back shortly with a post about this past weekend. 






No comments: