Thursday, September 06, 2012

Running Man In Batam

Alright, after this post I should be caught up to this week. No more backdated posts, I hope!


 I went to Batam this past Saturday.


Took a quick 40 minute ferry ride.




I was there because Peggy invited me to play in an episode of Running Man which she organised. She did this for her boyfriend's birthday.


The birthday boy!



...




Running Man, for the uninitiated, is a Korean variety show that's currently taking Asia by storm. Everyone in Singapore is talking about it.

Well, almost everyone.

I've personally never watched it because it just looked boring to me. Couldn't even make it past 2 minutes. 

Basically, Running Man is like one big game of tag where two teams of contestants have to find clues and do challenges, all while trying to rip off the name tags of the opposite team. The name tags are pasted on the back of their jumpsuits and if you rip a tag off, it means that person is out of the game.

In the show, you can actually hear the person trying to chase you when they come near you because they have bells tied to their legs.

Oh and they play this everywhere- in malls, offices, etc.


It's altogether very suspenseful. 


This was one of the clues that was hidden in the cupcakes. 


It was evening by the time we finished the first game. 


All of us, famished, had dinner before playing the second game around midnight.


Sadly, I didn't get to take any photos while we were playing because, well, how am I supposed to take photos when I'm running and hiding? Fortunately, Peggy had the whole thing videoed. I hope they edit the videos soon!

We didn't finish the last game until around 5 on Sunday morning. 

When I got back to the hotel, I was so tired that I couldn't fall asleep until about 6! 


Everyone woke up later that afternoon feeling famished (again). 

Had Korean lunch in a cute lime green house that Jimmi brought us to.


Since we were aching all over from the games, we went for a massage.


You know what I ended up going home with mysterious bruises all over. 

I did tell the masseuse to press harder, but I didn't mean THAT hard!!!


Played some pool at Pit Stop afterwards.


The boys just wanted to watch the Liverpool vs. Arsenal match. 


And with that, we went back home.


It was fun! 





No comments: