Friday, September 21, 2012

Xiao Long Baos & Blading Woes

Woohoo! 

Blogging streak is ON!


Man, yesterday felt like a really long day at work.

But once the clock struck 19:00, off I went to ION to meet up with none other than...


MY AH KIM


We waited for a full half hour before there were seats available in Paradise Dynasty. 

Al fresco.

Sidenote: did you know "al fresco" in Italian literally means "in jail"? I read about that in Bill Bryson's book Mother Tongue. On an even further sidenote, I probably should've read that book before I started writing my senior thesis back in 2011. Such a timing fail.


Anyway, we shared a bowl of noodles with pork and Sichuan veggies. It was aight.


The must-have at Paradise Dynasty. Rainbow xiao long baos.


Tried the cold tofu and century egg appetiser for the first time and ended up really enjoying it!

Hmm... 

It seems like all I did this week was eat and shop. I haven't even rollerbladed a single night! Guess that's an achievement of sorts. But tonight, ahhh yess tonight.... Tonight I will be out blading while the rest of trendy Singapore flocks to the Marina Bay area to watch the Formula One race. Honestly, I just can't wait for all that racing stuff to be over so they'll remove the road barriers and I can start blading there again.

Think that's about the deepest thought I'll have for the rest of today. 









No comments: