Wednesday, May 13, 2009

1st Beach Day 2009

Something beautiful happened yesterday.

Out of boredom, I drove to the beach and went for a liberating run along the edges of the water. Afterwards, I jumped into the sea and swam for a bit while curious old people stared at me from the boardwalk.

It's still a little cold for the beach I guess, with temperatures averaging at 18 Celsius.

But it wasn't an issue for me. Neither was the strong breeze.

All because it was my first day at the beach all year! And to think that I wasn't at the beach at all last summer except on the very last day of summer......

Some old Jewish guy tried to pick me up-- but that's another story.

Why oh why did I keep myself away from my favourite thing for so long???

I must've been out of my mind.

But now saltwater and sand-grazed feet have restored me.
I even got a little farmers' tan.
I don't need or want anything else.
Just being at the beach is enough.

No comments: