Monday, May 04, 2009

Life Without Laptop

It rained all day at the meet yesterday.

And just like that, outdoor season ended for good.

There were no death bells ringing nor white roses draping the exit of racing from my life, but I felt its severity deeply. Now that everything is over, I can't help but wonder what wonderful plans God has for me for the summer.

I'll only be competing during cross country season now, instead of doing cross country, indoor and outdoor. With such a large chunk of freedom handed back to me, I can't quite decide which is more overwhelming- the sensation of loss or the excitement of opportunity.

Only time can tell.

One exam down- five to go.

Thanks to the unfortunate death of my laptop charger, I have been driven to desperate boredom-reducing measures during non-studying times such as reading my CHINESE DICTIONARY!

That's right.
The world is topsy-turvy and pigs can definitely fly now.

I figure this can only mean good things for my quest to conquer my summer reading list (which has now bordered on 54 and growing). Not to mention- this will drive me to train harder since I'd rather run in the rain than mope at home in the silent absence of Korean dramas......

Another book, another world...

No comments: