Saturday, May 23, 2009

Going Nowhere


What is this life that we live?

Where have all the simple pleasures gone?

We slave and slave away in school and at work in hope of a life in apartments in streets with no trees, grasses... No rivers or wild meadows for the children to run in...

We move forward towards a future where our land will be poisoned beyond repair, the rivers too toxic to even touch, the sky too brown, the air too smokey to watch the stars at night.

What am I learning in college now anyway that is really of use to anybody?

At night the beats pump hard at the nightclubs and bars. The people look super glamorous and like they are having the time of their lives. But what a fragile surface happiness that is!

And while malls used to be fun, now it just makes me sick and dizzy. I can't explain this feeling.

All I know is, the pleasure of being useful and a blessing to someone else, is an infinitely better pleasure than being more beautiful, powerful, richer or wealthier than someone else.

They can go revel in their high fashion, sex and partying. I am so sick of it--- I just want to get away from it all. I don't care if I have no money, no "future", no nothing.

The greatest people to ever live on this earth that are worth any of our respect are not the billionaires who do good works according to the proportion of their wealth, but the people who had nothing, but still gave it their all.

No comments: