Sunday, May 08, 2011

The Countdown Begins...

Since I haven't blogged since Wednesday, here's a fast recap in pictures of what I've been up to.

Thursday- I thought classes would never end.

Friday- Peacock Palooza. A really fun school event where bands come to play and we get free stuff like T-shirts, sunglasses and ice-cream!

Went last minute shopping for the upcoming formal that evening.

Saturday- My mom and brothers came to watch me run (for the first and last time) at our MAAC Outdoor Championships. It was the first day of the championships and I was running the 3,000m steeplechase.

In case you're wondering, I did horribly and was about 10 seconds away from my personal record of 12:09mins. Boo hoo hoo!

Went to Chillis that night for dinner with the girls.

Sunday (today)- Final day of our MAAC Outdoor championships. The girls' team won again (we won Indoor season back in February) with a total score of 250 points!

Also, I finally managed to break 20mins in the 5,000m run. I came in at 19:43mins, which is 29 seconds faster than my personal record at 20:11mins. I know I'm supposed to be really happy with that time, but honestly, I'm not. I wish I had broken 20mins earlier in the season because I've been running for FOUR years now and to not break it earlier is really sad.

But, okay okay.

I must be grateful!

WE ARE SO HAPPY!

And I'm a little bit shocked because I didn't expect the girls to win Outdoor and Indoor season! This is the first time the girls' team from our school has won the MAAC championships ever.

You know, God works in mysterious ways.

On Saturday before my race, I prayed to God that He would help me run a 11:30min 3k steeplechase. However I also prayed "if I win, I praise you. If I lose, I praise you. Either way, I will praise you".

Took that prayer from the movie Facing The Giants.

I was really disappointed when I didn't even come in close to breaking 12mins on Saturday and didn't even feel like racing the next day anymore.

But fast forward to Sunday and the most unexpectedly good things happened... Great awesome weather, lots of fun with my teammates, a new PR and two championship titles as a team!

:)

Thank you thank you thank you God!

Even though I keep questioning and failing you, you never failed me. Forgive me for always underestimating You!

And, on that note, I am so NOT ready to graduate!

Tomorrow is the junior/senior formal and even though I can't wait for it to get here, I know it will be over in a heartbeat. School will be over in a heartbeat.

Boooo!


No comments: