Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Formal & College

Today was such a (for lack of a better word) crazy day.

I went to my last college classes ever, ate some really good pepperoni flatbread with Brazilian sauce and went to the school's junior/senior formal with trackies in the evening.

Getting ready for the formal was so hectic! Everybody really put in effort to look great tonight.

Fortunately when we got there, the food didn't disappoint. At least not in the beginning.

We were all starving and I was kind of mad at myself for wearing such a tight dress that I couldn't eat that much.

I find it amazing how God somehow dropped me in this college, landed me a place in the track team and found me all these wonderful friends. No one can ever put a price on the memories and experiences I've gotten over the past four years here. If I could do it all again, I really think I would.

Tonight at the formal as we were all dancing and I looked around, I realised that I'll probably never get to hang out with my teammies like this ever again. All of us are so young now and so sheltered. No kids, no responsibilities......

Time is flying and I don't want graduation to come but I know it is coming with the speed of an express train.

College was truly a mad experience. Mad fun that is. I look back and cannot believe all of the things I've learnt/did for the first time/gained from these four years- all thanks to a few twists of fate, a.k.a. God's guiding hands.

I am so glad that I am blogging about these things now so that if I ever doubt someday that God's plans are to prosper me and not to harm me, I can look back and remember how greatly He's blessed me these four years. The friends, memories, laughter...... All these things last a lifetime.


2 comments:

Tetyana said...

you look amazing!!! glad you had such a great time in school :)..but you're gonna make many many more great friends and memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mindy said...

Thanks! :)