Friday, February 27, 2009

Food and Weather

The tenacity of such plants never fail to amaze me. Look! It's in between two slabs of concrete, right next to a exhaust-ridden busy highway, in the middle of winter, all shrivelled up, but still this plant is hanging on for dear life! And come spring, it will burst into green again...

It was actually very nice driving through gentle rain today. It reminded me of Christmases in Singapore for some reason. Maybe it's because it always pours during December.


Went for Vietnamese with the family and killed two bowls of noodles as well as various assorted appetizers and a glass of soy milk.

I particularly enjoyed watching my little brother (who has now discovered the pleasure in hearing his own voice) and his antics across the table.


Yet even after we got home, I continued hunting around the kitchen for more food.

Enough is never enough is it?

I am currently working on a few personal projects named "making amends" and "getting things done". I'm going through a list of people that I have bad blood with and making things right again in anyway I can. No matter how small the issue, I feel that it is very important to do this before I move on with the rest of my life. I don't know why, but I've always made best friends out of my enemies. Why am I so weird like that? I don't know! I have cut that trend though. I don't think it's a very efficient way of meeting people and it fails after puberty hits and you're no longer cute in a little kid sort of way. Also, there's a pile of to-dos that I keep putting off. Like taking a bath.

Just kidding.
Hah. No, really...
I need to take a bath soon. I've been putting it off because of my fresh piercing.

Today's weather was gorgeous again, but it looks as if we'll be in for another week of below freezing temperatures.

I love that this winter seems neverending! Now I'll REALLY appreciate summer when it comes!

No comments: