Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kitten In The Car

This past Sunday brought gorgeous warm temperatures and sunny skies. Unable to stay still at home, I brought Кошка to the park and did my homework in the car while waiting for sunset.
She was perfectly contented on the dashboard.
We had our moments.
If I pissed her off she'd just ignore me.
And so the studying went on...
As the sun sank lower, I dropped my studying for a while and turned up my stereo. Oh how time flies!
I felt sad knowing that the day was just fading away into memory. I thought about all the other sunsets or sunrises I'd ever watched and it made me all nostalgic and warm inside.
As the moon came up, I left the park and went home with a very disgruntled kitty.
Last night I went with K to the JCPenney's fashion show in NYC. Everyone else was there to network. All the magazine editors and industry people were just flying around, chit-chatting and exchanging business cards.

Me?

I'm not going to lie. I felt like I hadn't been out for a while and I was there for the food.
Oh and to catch up with pop culture.

Being the clueless person who doesn't watch tv nor listen to commercial radio (besides the Christian channel and the Russian channel occasionally), I had no idea who was who at the event.

I had never heard some of the new songs that they played, neither did I know that Kimora Lee Simmons was pregnant, or that this person liked girls or that person liked boys...

But really, who cares? They live in their world and I live in mine.

JT pointed out the celebs and what was wrong with their lives all night while I fixed my eyes on the food trays being passed around and waited impatiently for the next chocolate milkshake to come by.

It was so nice to be a guest instead of working at an event for once.

I don't see what's the point of designers if they can't design something that's not already been in circulation.

But then again, it is JCPenneys and I know none of those people in that crowd would ever wear anything from JCPenneys (unless they could get away with it, which they can't).

Seriously? Carrying a Marc Jacobs bag and wearing Chanel boots with a 50 dollar dress from JCP...?
Hmm. I don't think so.

The night ended earlier than I expected which I was very happy about.

And I know everybody loves saying this economy sucks (I know I do too) because you're almost certain to get an approving nod from the person you are commenting to; plus you sound like you read newspapers- thus making you appear to be knowledgeable and smart.
But you know what?

With this sucky economy, many people still buy useless things once a week, nobody is really bothering to save money, JPMorgan and etc are still maintaining spanking new offices in downtown Jersey City and I'm still getting interviews from companies' finance departments so... what sucky economy are we talking about here?

It's weird.

I feel it but at the same time I don't feel it. I guess I'll just count myself as being extremely lucky. There are probably some real victims out there in this intelligent scheme- I just haven't met any yet.

Whoever you are, I hope you are not reading this on your computer because if you are, then you're not really a victim. Don't whine about being poor if you still have a computer to read articles off of.

Speaking of whining, I've been trying to stop; but I realised that it's hard to stop when you've already started. Bad habits are bad this way.

No comments: