Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Running Away Song

This is the song I borrowed from Isaac's blog.

Have you ever heard a song that just spoke straight to your heart? From the very first touch of the piano to his voice pouring out every emotion into soundwaves, I felt for myself the painful intensity and the strength he is trying to convey.

And there's nothing like a song like this to tone down my jumpy happiness this morning. Sunshine really has a fantastic effect on me! I love it when people confide in me. I love giving advice, listening to problems and I love orange juice at two a.m. in the morning.

I think Kitty is due for a spay today. It's sad but it has to be done. I feel bad for my poor neighbours who has had to deal with her occasional yelling. It's just not fair. Neither is it fair to my kitty and who knows if being in heat really is painful for the female cat or not. But I don't think she'll ever experience the joy of having kittens anyway. Not that I have anybody to give her kittens to.

I realised something again last night, but it only raised more questions. However I have no doubt that whatever needs to be answered will be answered in due time, and whatever should not be answered will be left in the dark.

Almost all the time we like to put the world on our shoulders and try to believe that we are supermen and superwomen who can do it all. We believe that we can change the circumstances around us just by the actions we take. The truth is, the only real thing you can change in this world is yourself. After you do that, you can only hope for the best. The fumbling stumbling efforts of human beings can only get so far. Even then, you can never control the infinite amount of pertinent factors in a situation.

For example, let's say you really want a job and you feel that you can take certain steps in order to get that job. Well sure, to a certain extent, you can. You could get an education, build an amazing personality, write a fantastic cover letter and resume, take a shower, put on some nice clothes and learn everything there is to know about the job. Notice how all these things pertain to you? Some people try to reach outside of themselves and change circumstances other ways. Perhaps one could try to befriend the employer and get them to like you. Or perhaps a little threat here and a little blackmail there. But at the end of the day, who really has the last say? Nobody. That's because there are an infinite amount of other things that could influence the employers decision at the end of the day. It's not just about you. Think about the people in your employers' life. Think about his background, the things he has experienced. Think about the other people vying for this job. What if the employer really liked you but he got fired that day? What if he was just in a bad mood that day and couldn't take your interview seriously? What if someone else was going to get that job anyway because their dad owns the company?

I'm not trying to sound pessimistic here and say that we can't control our lives. I am just saying that instead of trying to control everything and being miserable when our plans go awry, we should recognise that we can only control so much. Past that, you have to leave it all to God. Well at least in my case, I do. That's why Faith is so important. Without faith, you'd just rely on yourself to deal with everything. And when life fails you, you start to question yourself (or your faith, if you already had one). Faith gives you a reason no matter what.

Some people think it's absurd to believe in the things that Christians believe about with no real proof. But isn't it as absurd to believe in Darwin's theory when missing links have yet to be discovered?

Anyway, I'm not up for a philosophical debate this morning.

I'm right and you're wrong.

Just k i d d i n g .

Have a great day y'all!

No comments: