Monday, February 23, 2009

Third Post Of The Day

Night is here.

Midnight is coming on with its mysterious waves of dreaminess... Already I am drifting off in the uplifting arms of music.

Oh I know. I am such a weirdo.

I get all sorts of amazing images and fantasies in my head around this time of the night. It's the best time to turn up Ah.fm, put on my headphones... oh wait, my cat has already chewed up my headphones... Well. I'll just turn the music up anyway.

I get my best ideas right about now.

Without music I don't know what I'd do with myself. I always tried to picture my life if I ever went deaf. I think it would be a most beautiful experience (not that I wish it upon myself or anyone else). Just that, I'm sure being deaf will open up so many more things to me through my other senses. Perhaps colours, words, or skin sensations will become much sharper and be able to stir up more emotion than they ever could inside my heart.

I just like to sit in the dark with my music beating into my heart.

I imagine myself drifting off on a piece of driftwood out in the middle of a crystal ocean. Trillions and trillions of little stars above and below me... A colossal storm throwing thunderbolts and furious electric streaks across and beyond the horizon. And just me and the music drifting off into nothingness... I see gardens of white roses and breathe in the intensity of their quivering moist petals. Trees shooting up like skyscrapers up into the heavens on either side of me, ripping up the dark earth with their roots and flinging white leaves down from their ashy boughs... A giant orange fish rising from the depths of my crystal green blue ocean, larger than any building I have ever seen. gliding like some giant fairy just beneath the surface, and the smell of roses hang in the air...

No wonder people always ask me if I've ever done drugs or not, then disbelieve me when I say no.

No comments: