Monday, October 11, 2010

A Lovely Sunday

Today was simply a gorgeous day. The perfect temperature (24 Celsius) and blue skies made it just right for a hotdog picnic after church.

Jay, the young adults' pastor at church organised a picnic in the park so that we could cheer on his son's baseball game and enjoy some hotdogs as a group.

Everyone brought a little something to share.

Alex came along with me and wolfed down an entire hotdog by himself. I was really glad to be able to spend some brother-sister time with him today.

Pastor Stretch playing with Lucy.


Everyone's sitting in the shade and watching the game.




.............................................................................................................................................

In the evening, I went with the family to church for the New Friends Dinner that's held every few months. It's an event meant to introduce new members of the church to the pastoral staff and for questions to be answered, connections to be made.

My mom actually decided to go to this dinner on her own and was only going to bring Alex and Max. Tim finally (and very reluctantly) decided to come along. Praise God!

I didn't even really push anything this time. I just prayed a prayer (I don't even remember specifically when I did) and God just answered it!

It really is a different atmosphere to have all of us surrounded by God-fearing people who are filled with the Holy Spirit.



Sitting at the same table were these three Koreans who had just come from Seoul and are now attending seminary school near church.

They were super nice and even invited us for a homecooked meal in the future!

Ezra Park (on the left side of Sarah Park) is actually a pastor and Sarah is his wife. If I'm not wrong, Daniel (far right) is their neighbour in the seminary dorms.

I also met other newbies at the dinner and it was to refreshing my soul to hear how God is working in their lives and around the world.

There was a lady named Grace Kee who is Korean but speaks Chinese fluently and she was telling me about how God led her to this particular church and area. I wanted to ask her more about her pastoral work in China but there wasn't enough time. Hopefully there will be next time we meet.

I am just so grateful for and overwhelmed by all of today's activities.

I kind of woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning but God made it awesome in His own time and way.

He told me things I didn't want to hear but needed to. He gave me comfort, strength and a renewed sense of direction. He reminded me that I'm not alone on this journey and that I won't always be on a spiritual high- but He will always be right there with me.

And He really was.

Now that I look back on this past week, He'd been there all along, every step of the way...

No comments: