Thursday, October 07, 2010

Recap Of Everyday Life

I don't really know where to start...

Yesterday I had dinner with my friend and again we ended up on the topic of life and God. That's the same friend that I had an opportunity to bring to church before.

At times our discourse got quite intense and all I could do was pray silently for the wisdom and patience in answering all his questions. I had to keep reminding myself not to overstep God's authority and just let Him do the work of change in my friend's heart.

I'm not sure where this is all heading, but I think God is working something powerful...

Yet somehow, I keep having this feeling of irritation and impatience cropping up in my mind. I find myself taking things other people say or do personally even though I know they really have nothing against me.

I feel so helpless because I tend to react before I think. And it seems that my hostile reactions are driving the very people I should be witnessing to, away from me.

But you know what the Christian life is a narrow road fraught with difficulty and temptations. At least we are on the right path. I just hope that I may persevere and always be willing to obey God when it comes down to it.



...................................................................................................................



On another note, I think I've found my studying streak again.

This is all the school work I have to complete by next Monday (you probably don't want to read this but I'd like to type it out anyway for my own reference):


- Finish reading "A Passage to India"
- Finish reading "Babbitt"
- Finish reading "Othello"
- Finish Chapter 26 in Russian
- Finish Chapter 1 in German
- Finalise honours thesis outline and sources
- Study for Literary Theory Midterm
- Finish Russian essay


These are all the errands/things to do this weekend:


- Sign up for GREs in January
- Buy GRE study guide
- List attributes of at least 6 potential graduate schools
- Food shopping
- Fix right car headlight
- Fix windshield wipers
- Refill laundry detergent bottle
- Write birthday greetings
- Get my chopping board, wooden stirring ladle and soup ladle from home
- Shut down bank account
- List internship possibilities


Although there's no classes on Monday since it's Columbus Day, I will still have to be in school for a morning track practice.

Yeah... It looks as if it's going to be a busy and long weekend.

No comments: