Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blessing In Disguise?

Last night my laptop finally gave it's last breath and passed away. Unfortunately, it also decided to take my thesis and five years worth of photos down to the grave with it. But the whole impact of what had happened didn't quite hit me until I woke up this morning and wanted to check the weather, only to remember that I couldn't.

So after half a morning of hunting around for computers to use on campus, I finally found myself in a computer lab (all by myself too, thank goodness) with my entire thesis to start from scratch all over again.

Despondency, hopelessness, weariness... I guess those are just some of the emotions that are running through my heart right now. How can I find the strength to finish all my assignments, give my physical best at practice, be a kind friend and withdraw myself from anger?

"I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth
." (Psalms 121:1-2)

I only know that when this storm is over, as long as I am holding fast to God's Word, He will lead me out to open spaces, besides green pastures and quiet waters.

As for now, I can only do my best (like you said, Talia) and let God do the rest...

Dear Lord, I am certain that all these things are happening to bring about a better ending. Because Your Word promises that Your plans are to prosper me and not to harm me, therefore I will cling to Your righteousness and faithfulness to do all these things. I ask for Your divine help and blessing over all that I put my hands to do today. May Your hand be upon me at all times... Thank You Lord for Your peace that passes understanding. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: