Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Tooting God's Horn

I just came back from class and originally wanted to blog about something wonderful, but then I changed my mind. I guess I just want to try this new thing called "not tooting my own horn", you know?

It's really hard for me. In my previous posts I talked about how I often felt unrecognised and I'm always looking for praise and approval from other people as a result. Therefore, each time I accomplish something, I naturally want to get pats on my back from family and friends. But now I see that's just futile longing on my part.

If anything, the only reason why I managed to pull off any intellectual, physical or spiritual achievements, is really because of the great mercy and grace of my Creator, Lord Jesus Christ. He created me with the gifts that allowed me to achieve all of those things. I didn't work for any of those gifts. I don't even deserve to live- but God gave them to me anyway, because He loves me and wants the best for me.

So today, I shall share this sweet victory with God alone, giving thanks and praise to the One who actually deserves it.

Thank you God! You are superduper awesome!


No comments: