Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Honours Thesis DONE!

WOW!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I'M FINALLY DONE WITH MY SENIOR HONOURS THESIS AND PRESENTATION!

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you God!

Now that the worst is over, I can focus on the rest of my schoolwork that's been piling up.

I really wanted to spend a whole week playing after I finished writing my senior thesis but I guess that will have to wait until summer comes. My academic and sports calendar just won't allow it. I've got too much stuff lined up in the weeks to come.

But honestly, I learnt a lot about myself from this thesis writing experience. Under what conditions am I most motivated, most creative, etc. I also realised that I'm not one to stress easily because I know how to let myself relax when I need to. In fact the hardest part is to get myself out of relaxation mode and into stress mode a little more.

You can imagine how I felt when I finally handed in my thesis, exhausted on Monday morning after not sleeping for 25 hours straight, only to find out that almost everyone had gotten extensions on their thesis datelines!!!

So unfair!

They don't even have track practice twice a day!

I felt like I went through hell for nothing.

Ok but at least I'm done now so what other people do is none of my business. I'm just glad that it's over, even though I'll still be fine tuning my paper in the weeks to come.

On Sunday I only had time for one meal so I went to the Korean place a few streets away from school to have bibimbop. It was SO GOOD but really expensive in my opinion. This bowl used to be 6USD two years ago. Now it's almost 9USD! The quality hasn't gone down though, so I guess it's okay since they need to adjust to food inflation as well.

On Monday night, since I'd handed in my thesis final draft that afternoon, I finally obliged to go play Bingo with Nat since she insisted.

I kept getting really close but never got a single Bingo.

Nat was really into it but I was really tired by then and starting to fall asleep. I kept hoping that the next round would be a speed round so that we would get it over with. The prizes sounded quite cool actually- a black Wii, an iTouch, a Visa giftcard... but we quickly lost hope when everyone else started winning and we didn't.

The last prizes left were lame- movie tickets to watch The Fighter (I wouldn't even have the time to go watch it should I have won); so we didn't feel too bad when we lost those rounds.

The next day, Tuesday at practice, we got to play soccer which seemed really awesome at the beginning until I realised I wouldn't get much of a workout because there were almost twenty people squeezed into a field less than half the size of a normal soccer field. Not only that, but both guys and girls were playing together.

After a while I just got bored because our team's defense was so good that I didn't need to do much (I was goalkeeping).

I left practice feeling kind of upset that I didn't get to workout at all so I went to the gym to console my hungry muscles.

While I was there, Mae came and asked if I wanted to do a scavenger hunt so I said YES! And Nat very very very unwillingly decided to do it as well.

And boy isn't she happy that we did it now that we WON a 100USD Visa giftcard!

AHHH!

Not only that, but I got a neat little workout because we ran everywhere for about 40 minutes during the scavenger hunt. I think that's why we won, because we're long distance runners and we didn't get tired doing it while everyone else did... Haha.

I went home smiling all night last night.

Not really smiling tonight though because I've got a lot of homework to do before Saturday. Since Sunday, I've only gotten about 14 hours of sleep which is very little considering I need about 9 hours to feel normal the next day.

God has been oh so Good!

And I can't wait for church this Sunday; just can't wait to sing sing sing to Him, how great and awesome He is!


No comments: